Monday, May 21, 2007

A View of the Hebrews

This 19th Century text has been claimed by some to be the primary source material from which the Book of Mormon was derived. I haven't read this myself, only recently found it available online, and from a source I'm sure many mainstream Mormons would not approve of. However I have plans to start taking a closer look at the material in the near future. I did read the Spaulding manuscript (another propertied Book of Mormon source material) some years ago, and with that reading have dismissed it as a possible origin source. Spaulding's story has only a few parallels to the Book of Mormon story (all of them superficial) and depicts an ancient American society quite unlike that found in the Book of Mormon. I honestly anticipate finding more of the same here.

No comments: