Saturday, August 26, 2023

K2 Church

 K2 Church, 5 pm service on a Saturday. 8/26/23

They are meeting in the building of Southeast Christian Church in Murry. They are in the process of securing a "new Church home." They have a bid in for a place, one of the things prayed for is that it go through.

Casual Church, I attended in shorts. 😀

100ish in the sanctuary, seemed good mix of ages, all white save two of apparent Indian sub continent decent.

Announcements, young children dismissed, a prayer that didn't feel prefinctionary, as they often do. Then the sermon.

Pastor Nelson. Presumably no relation.

This is the first of a three part series on sexuality. Part of a larger 'Get Jesus into Your Life' series. So get Jesus into your sex life? Advocating for a sort of three way? 😁

Preacher confesses to having been sexualy active in high school. Accepted Christ at 19. Then celebit until marrying his wife at 34. Multiple kids, at least one of whom is mentioned as being in college. So late 50's? Looks younger.

He knows this is a sensitive subject, really did seem to want to be as empathetic as possible while still holding the line on doctrine. Week 3 will be LGBTQ stuff, I may watch this whole series on YouTube. I was generally impressed with his way of delivery.

Sex is good, but keep it in bounds. Sex is like nuclear energy, it can power or destroy a city. Emphasis on oneness, joining of man and woman. Come for the dopamine (pleasure chemical), stay for the oxytocin (bonding chemical).

This is eternal life. Metaphor for Christ and the Church. STD's were down for awhile but going up since 2014 says CDC. All other sins are outside the body save sexual sin. Pre/extra marital sex implants sexual memories, this is unfair to spouse, be that future or current. It's robbery.

Gathered everyone up at front at the end to confess sexual sins/needs/addictions/wrongs inflicted by others upon you. This was done silently, I think a wise choice. 

Twasint till the very end that we got some praise and worship music, to be sung in spirit of repentance. First songs first words, I kid you not, "Lord, I come, I confess." My inner adolescent laughed, then I left as they were still singing.

I did grab a free large print (and cheaply printed) NIV on the way out. Toying with idea of reading the Old Testament in a year, only Standard Work I never made it through. If I read 18.462 pages a week I can complete in 52 of the same. Will see.

I actually mostly liked this service, impressed with the pastor.

No comments: